Law Offices of Douglas B. Price, P.C.
Get the Facts and Rules from A Bankruptcy Attorney in Mesa, Az
Bankruptcy is a serious situation. It’s also frightening and there’s a lot of mistakes you can make. Mistakes that can be used against you. Or put you at risk. That’s why it’s smart to hire a professional who knows all the rules. Like a bankruptcy attorney in Mesa. Here’s how Hiring a bankruptcy attorney in Mesa can help you.
How Do I Find a Competent Bankruptcy Attorney in Mesa?
You want to hire a local bankruptcy attorney in Mesa because they’ll be most familiar with the process.
A great place to start your search is the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys. You want to make sure the attorney you hire is a member.
There are special certifications a bankruptcy lawyer needs to have so make sure yours is certified.
Find one that specializes in bankruptcy law in your state. You can easily find a bankruptcy attorney right in Mesa using this tool.
What Questions Should I Ask to Make Sure I Find the Right Bankruptcy Attorney in Mesa?
Here are some simple steps you can take to ensure you pick the right bankruptcy attorney in Mesa for your needs.
Picking the right one will ensure you enjoy a fresh start after the process is over.
- Shop Around: Take your time. This is an important decision so you need to make sure you find the right attorney. Speak to several of them before you make your choice.
- Find a Practicing Bankruptcy Attorney: This is a specialized field and there are a lot of nuances to the procedures. You want to choose a bankruptcy attorney in Mesa who regularly practices bankruptcy law.
- Familiar With Rules: Laws change and are often subject to the state and area you live in. Pick one who is up to date with the ever-changing rules and regulations of bankruptcy law in Mesa.
- Charges Reasonable Fees: You’re already suffering from financial distress. Don’t add to it further by choosing an attorney with confusing or high fees.
- Enjoys Their Job: You want to pick a bankruptcy attorney in Mesa who loves their job. They are passionate about bankruptcy and helping you through a difficult process. If they aren’t, walk away. They won’t care about you or whatever got you into financial distress and they’ll bring that attitude to court with them.
- They Discuss Solutions With You: There is always more than one solution to whatever your problem. Even when dealing with a bankruptcy.
Here are a few things any decent bankruptcy attorney in Mesa should be discussing with you.
- Chapter 7: This is a complete cancellation of all your debts. This may or may not be the best way to deal with your case depending upon a lot of varying factors. Any good bankruptcy attorney will discuss your options with you. The more complex the case, the higher your fees will be. In this case, a bankruptcy attorney would require all fees paid upfront before heading to court.
- Chapter 13: This involves a court-supervised payment plan. A decent attorney might recommend this if you stand to lose property by declaring chapter 7. Courts have guidelines on how much an attorney can charge in a chapter 13 case. Not all attorneys will require payment upfront and in full before proceeding. Often a payment plan can be worked out.
Before choosing any bankruptcy attorney in Mesa, make sure the attorney is willing and able to communicate well with you. Without good communication, the bankruptcy process will be that much more stressful and difficult.
The Law Offices of Douglas B. Price are here to handle your bankruptcy issues and we’re happy to answer any and all of your questions.