If you’re wondering if you need an Estate Plan ask yourself the following questions:
- Can you identify the person(s) who will be the guardian of your minor children?
- Will you plan to privately administer your estate, or leave it to the government?
- If you became disabled, who will take care of you?
- If you became ill and disabled, who would make medical decisions for you?
- How will your family be taken care of should you become disabled?
- Do you have or need a family business succession plan?
- Can your plan to avoid family disputes after your death?
- Does a Will or Trust help in this situation?
- Can you protect your surviving spouse from a new spouse who may become a financial predator?
- How will you leave your assets to the children of a blended family?
- How can you protect yourself and your estate from creditors?
These are just some of the questions to be considered during your considering a Will or Trust for your Arizona estate planning process.
Call our Tempe Estate Planning Lawyer today (480) 345-8100.